Posted 10/23/2015 02:33PM
I want to take this opportunity to welcome everyone to the 2015-2016 school year. Thank you to everyone who attended the Back to School Night I hope you found it informative. I think we have had a great start to the school year and we made it through the busy month of September and have launched into October. Before you know it we will be celebrating Christmas!
Some reminders and requests:
- CLOSED – school is closed on Friday, October 9 th and Monday, October 12th for a professional development day and fall break.
- Fall Family Fun Fest is Saturday, October 17 h this is a preschool fall fun event in the morning from 10-11:30. Admission will be $5 per child and includes pumpkin decorating, crafts, playing on the playground and a petting zoo. A "sign up genius" invitation will be sent out; please RSVP so we make sure we have enough pumpkins and crafts.
- Friday, October 30th is the Halloween Parade. The parade starts about 9:00a.m. Please bring your child dressed in their Halloween costume. (no costumes with face masks ,weapons, or high heels please) There will be a Spooky Spectacular presentation in the big room at 10:00 by Eric Energy. Teachers will provide more information about any additional in class events. If Friday is not a regularly scheduled day for your child, you and your child are free to join us for the parade and show, or you can do a drop in day if space allows. We encourage lots of hand holders. The parade route goes up the hill and through the first floor of the Girl's school and then back down to Plus. If it is raining we will simply do a small parade around the building and will not require any hand holders.
- Mark your calendar. Friday, November 6 th is Picture Day. More information will be handed out as we get closer.
- Please remember to sign your child in and out on the iPads when you are dropping off and picking up.
- The temperature changes throughout the day and we go outside everyday (including the infants). Remember to bring in a sweatshirt or jacket for your child. Please also make sure that your child has a seasonally appropriate change of clothing in their cubby (including socks). The fall is notorious for being a roller coaster of temperatures.
- Traffic and parking - parking lot is one way in and one way out. Park only in the designated parking spaces and only along the curb past the parking spaces. It is Murphy's Law that even if there is no one around and you park along the curb everyone shows up and you are now blocking their way. Additionally, please HOLD YOUR CHILD'S HAND at all times in the parking lot. It is too easy for an accident to happen; children are small and the cars are big. Drivers cannot see the children in their mirrors if they are standing close to the car.
If there is ever anything that I can do to help make your or your child's transition to the new school year smoother, please do not hesitate to ask. My door is always open and I look forward to getting to know everyone. I think we are going to have a great year.
Sincerely, Isabel Nussbaumer '91